Indian traditional cuisine gives the image and the feelings of tantalizing food steeped in various fragrant spices and gravies enriched with different types of flavors through exotic and amazing methods of cooking. Indian Gravy is a smooth liquid of a saucy consistency, which imparts body, taste, richness and very life to any Indian food preparation. In other words it is the heart and soul of Indian cuisine. Most of the Indian dishes have certain ingredients in common, so preparing and storing one when you have some spare time is a great idea.
Here in this article we will discuss about Indian gravy types, gravy recipes, Indian gravy curries, Brown Gravy, Yellow Gravy, Green Gravy, Red Gravy, White Gravy, Shorba and Yakhni.
This is originated from Kashmir mutton based Indian stock . Yogurt and saffron is added .
Shorba is kind of Indian soup used as Indian gravy also It has lots of variations like yakhni sorba , tomato sorba , dahi sorba etc.
INDIAN GRAVY TYPES
– Ingredients of White Indian Gravy: Paste of poppy seeds , charmagaj , cashew nut , onion , garlic , ginger , milk (optional) .
– Paste of tomato , red chilly powder , fenugreek leaves , turmeric powder , cream ,
– Ingredients of Green Indian Gravy: Paste of spinach , fenugreek leaves ,ginger ,cumin powder
Yellow Indian gravy is white gravy in which saffron and turmeric are added in addition.
- Curd : 1kg
- Gram flour : 30gms
- Yellow chilli powder : 03gms
- Onions : 150gms
- Tomatoes : 100gms
- Whole garam masala : 02gms
- Turmeric powder : 02gms
- a) Take oil in a handi and add whole garam masala, chopped onions. Cook till brown .Add tomatoes and cook.
- b) Make a mixture of curd, gram flour, yellow chilli powder,turmeric powder.
- c) Pass through a strainer, into the onion & tomato, and boil.
- d) Reduce it to the required consistency.
- e) It is basic Rajasthani gravy, which is sour in taste.
Brown Gravy :
- Onion : 1 Kg
- Tomatoes : 600gms
- Whole Garam masala : 2gms
- Red chilli powder : 25gms
- Tomato puree : 100ml
- a) Take oil in a handi and add garam masala, chopped onion, and cook till it turns to golden brown..
- b) Add red chilli powder, tomato puree and add the tomatoes.
- c) Cook till the tomatoes leave water