Hotel Front office Coordination – Interdepartmental Communication
Hotel Front office Coordination between front office department and other departments is required to ensure maximum satisfaction for the guests. The front office department has to exchange necessary information about the guests with the other departments for giving good service.
Front office Coordination with HOUSEKEEPING
- Both departments must inform each other about the changes in room status.
- General Guest requests like extra towels are conveyed to housekeeping.
- Scanty baggage guests should be informed to the housekeeping so that they can be tracked.
- Housekeeping is also contacted for cleaning of lobby and front office areas.
- The Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper should meet frequently to review upcoming hotel activities.
- Special requests for VIPs or groups should be known by the housekeeping to avoid inconvenience of guests.
Front office Coordination with ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE
- In most hotels, engineering and maintenance personnel begin each shift by examining the front office log book or software for repair work orders.
- Front desk agents use the log book or software to track maintenance problems reported by guests or staff, such as poor heating or cooling, faulty plumbing, noisy equipment, or broken furniture.
Learn More about Hotel Front Office …here
Front office Coordination with REVENUE CENTERS
Hotel revenue centers may include
- Fine dining rooms, and specialty restaurants
- Room Service
- Bars, lounges and nightclubs
- Business centers
- Laundry / valet service
- Vending machines
- Gift shops
- Banquets, meeting and catering facilities
- Local and long distance telephone services
- Health clubs, golf courses and exercise rooms
- Car rentals, limousine services, and tours
- Casinos and gaming activities
- In-room entertainment
- Front desk agents and bell desk agents should be familiar with these services and facilities so that they can answer guests in a positive way.
- Special guest requests related to revenue centers should be informed to the concerned department.
- The transactions charged to the room accounts by guests at revenue centers must be communicated to the front desk in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment and to avoid late charges.
Front office Coordination with MARKETING and PUBLIC RELATIONS
- The front office staff should know about the events the hotel schedules for publicity.
- Special hotel promotions, health and fitness programs, family events and even a complimentary coffee in a hotel’s lobby can help promote repeat business.
Front office staff contribute to hotel newsletter, guest history files that help marketing departments for frequent guests.