Sauce – Recipe, Ingredients
Sauce is a flavour cooked usually thickens liquid used to season other food. It adds to richness, moisture, flavour, colour and brightness also. A sauce is a liquid which has thicken with–
Beurre manie : Equal quantities of flour and butter (uncooked mixture ) used to thicken sauce and soup.
Roux : Equal quantities of flour and butter cooked till sandy texture.
There are three types of roux – white , blond , brown.
Liaison : Mixture of egg yolk , cream , lemon juice ( optional ) , used to thickened soup , sauces.
Importance of ingredients in full preparation:
- Enhance and flavour.
- Some sauces helps in digest e.g. Mint and apple sauce served with roast pork.
- It gives to nutritional value of the food, white sauce added to creaminess to the dry food.
- Serve as accompaniment, sometime gives a contrast taste to another good (Real mouth palatability). Example-
- Cranberry sauce with roast turkey.
- Sometime it gives the name of dish e.g. when the Madeira wine added in brown sauce, the name of the dish is called ‘Sauce Madeira’.
- Enhance nutritional value of the food or dish.
- Gives and contrast or balance and bland food e.g. Devil sauce served with eggs gives proper.
Preparation of Sauces and Derivatives
Bechamel/white sauc e (1 ltr.)
|4||Onion, clove, bay leaf||As per requirement|
- Melt the butter in a thick bottom pan.
- Add flour and mixed it.
- Cooked for a few minutes over a gentle heat without colouring (white roux).
- Remove from the heat.
- Gradually add the warm milk and stair still smooth.
- Add the onion and clove, bay leaf.
- Allow the simmer for 30 min.
- Remove the onion and pass the since in conical strainer.
Derivative of white/Bechamel Sauce:
|01||Morney||50gm cheese+1 egg yolk Mixed well in the boiling sau ce but unstaring. It necessary but do not recoil.||Serve with different types of veg. fish preparation.
Exam.- Mixed veg with morney sauc e, veg-at-gratin fish morney.
|02||Anchovy sauc e||Add 1 tbs anchovy essence + 1 k lit white sau ce.||Served with fried fish preparation. Exam.- Fish cut late serve with anchovy sauc e (accompaniment).|
|03||Onion sau ce||100gm fine chopped onion cooked without colour (saute) + Mixed with k white sauc e.||Serve with roast preparation. Exam.- Roast mutton and egg.|
|04||Soubise||Same as well as onion sauc e but passed through a conical strainer.||Served with roast mutton.|
|05||Parsley sauce||1 tbs fine chopped fresh parsley + k lit of white sauc e.||Serve with pork preparation and boiled fish. Exam.- Fish parsley.|
|06||Mustard sauce||Diluted English mustard + white sauc e.||Served with grilled herrings.|
The another name of veloute is basic blond sauce. It is one kinds of mother sau ce and prepared from blond (light brown), roux and stock. Veloute gets its name from the types of stock used. Exam.- Fish veloute – fish stock and veloute sau ce. Chicken veloute Chicken stock and brown roux.
Veloute Sauce (1 ltr.)
|3||Stock (chicken, fish, veal)||1 ltr.|
|4||Mushroom (as per requirement)||25grm.|
- Melt the butter in a thin bottom pan,
- Add the flour and mixed it.
- Cooked to a sandy texture over gentle heat without colour or little bit of colour (bland roux).
- Allow to cool.
- Gradients add the boiling stock, stir until smooth and allow simmering approxe 1 hrs.
- Pass through a conical strainer.
Derivative of Veloute Sauce:
|01||Caper Sauce||Veloute sau ce + melt from moton stock with the addition of 1 tbs of caper.||Serve with boiled leg of moton.|
|02||Supreme||Half lit of chicken veloute + 25gm mushroom + 60 ml cream + 1 egg yolk + Few drop of lemon juice.||Served with boiled chicken and fish.|
|03||Aurora||Supreme sauc e + 1 tbs tomato sauce or puree.||Served with boiled chicken or poach egg.|
|04||Mushroom||Supreme sau ce + 100gm well washed slice saute mushroom, after the strain supreme sauc e and finish with egg yolk and cream.||Serve with boiled chicken and sweet bread.|
|05||Ivory||Supreme sauc e + Meat glide and ivory colour.||Serve with boiled chicken.|
Espanola Sauce/ Brown Sauce:
Brown sauce is made from brown roux and brown stock or glaze of brown stock. It is one of most widely used basic or mother sauc e and demy-glaze is a derivative of brown stock and is widely used for the preparation of other brown-sauce derivative.
Espanola Sauce/ Brown Sauce (1 ltr.)
|4||Brown Stock||1 % ltr.|
|9||Pursley, Bay leaf, Celery (Fine chopped)||3grm.|
Put the butter in thick bottom pan.
- Add the flour and cooked to a light brown colour and stair.
- Cool and mixed it in the tomato puree.
- Gradually mixed the boiling stock and bring in the boil.
- Washed, peel and mirepoxing the vegetable.
- Lightly brown in a little fat in a frying pan (Roast the vegetable).
- Drain of the fat and add to the sau ce.
- Simmer gently for 3-4 hrs. And strain.
Recipe of demy-glaze (1 lit):
|01||Brown sauce||1 lit|
|02||1st class brown sauce||1 lit|
This is refined sauce and it is made it is made by simmering of 1 lit of brown stock and 1 lit of brown-sauce and reduced by a half, skim of all ingredients and they rise on the surface during the cooking and pass through a strainer, recoil and collect the seasoning.
Derivative of Brown Sauce:
|01||Demy-glaze||50% of brown stock + 50% of brown sauce reduced Ya.||Use for preparation of other sauces and stocks preparation.|
|02||Bordelaise||Red wine + chopped chalets + colary + brown paper + demy- glaze.||Served with fried stock and paltry preparation.|
|03||Robert||Butter + onion + vinegar + demy-glaze + Eng.mustard + caster sugar.||Serve with fried chopped pork (pork bauna).|
|04||Charcutiere||Same as Robert sauce but adding 25gm. Slice or Julian of gherkins.||Grilled pork or grilled pork chop.|
|05||Devil||Chop salads + paper + white wine + vinegar + demy-glaze.||Serve with grilled or fried fish and meat preparation.|
|06||Chasseur||Butter + chop mushroom + chop salads + white wine + tomato sauce + demy- glaze.||Serve with stacks preparation and poultry egg also.|
|07||Madeira||Demy-glaze + Madeira wine.||Small item or veal, beef, poultry, game and eggs. (starter course)|
Tomato Sauce/Red Sauce:
It is a red kitchen sauce and some piquancy. It is served with lots with the pasta related dish. Ravi-oil or Spaghetti, eggs, fish and meat preparation and it is also used for increasing the colour of preparation.
|Tomato /Red Sauce (1 ltr.)|
|7||Garlic/ Clove||Few no.|
|8||Bay Leaf||1- 2no.|
|10||Spring thyme||1 branch|
|11||Small dice cut of bacon||10grm.|
|12||Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the mire proxy veg. and bacon cude and saute.
- Mixed in the flour and cooked to a scanty texture and allow to lightly colouring (Blond roux).
- Mixed the tomato puree and cold it.
- Gradually add the boiling stock and simmer for 1 hour.
- Correct the seasoning and cold it.
- Pass through a conical strainer.
Derivative of tomato sauce:
|01||Barbeque||Tomato sauce + Tomato Ketchup + vinegar + sugar.||Serve with barbeque meal.|
|02||Portuguese||Tomato sauce + white wine + Tomato concase + garlic.||Serve with shell fish and meat preparation.|
|03||Italian||Tomato sauce + demy- glaze + chop shallots + herbs + ham + mushroom.||Serve with roasted liver and lamp preparation.|
|04||Provencal||Tomato sauce + saute slice mushroom + garlic + tomato concase + sugar + fresh chop parsley.||Serve with egg fish and various types of Hors D’oeuvre.|
|05||Bretonneau||Tomato sauce + saute chop onion + white wine + strain + butter + fresh parsley chop.||Serve with haricots.|
Hollandaise /Hot Sauce:
It is warm, yellow and rich. It contains a high percentage of fat and egg yolk. The name of the technique is called ‘emulsion’ (means mixture of butter, lemon juice and egg yolk). It is served with grilled and baked related fish, veg. and eggs and it is also used as an accompaniment of continental veg.
Hollandaise /Hot Sauce (1ltr.)
|1||Egg yolk||2 no.|
|3||Crush pepper corn||6 no.|
|5||Vinegar/ lemon juice||1 tbs.|
- Melt butter in a pan and kept aside.
- Placed curse paper corn and vinegar in a pan and reduced completely.
- Add 1tbs cold water.
- Mixed the egg yolk and whisk properly.
- Placed to a gentle heat and whisk continuously till to a sabayon consistency (thick or sauce like consistency).
- Then gradually add the melted butter until it is blended and forms a smooth sauce. Then add few drop of lemon juice.
- Strain through a fine strainer and curette the seasoning.
- Store at 300-370
Derivative of Hollandaise Sauce:
|01||Bearnaise||Hollandaise sauce + chop shallots + chop Tarragona + chervils.||Serve with grilled fish or grilled meat. Ex.- Steak preparation.|
|02||Maltaise||Hollandaise sauce + grated orange rind (zest) + orange juice.||Serve with hot veg. (Asparagus hot).|
|03||Nosiest||Hollandaise sauce + nut brown + cooked butter.||Serve with poached salmon.|
|04||Choron||Bearnaise sauce + tomato sauce.||Grilled or saute meat.|
|05||Foyot||Bearnaise sauce + Meat glaze.||Serve with saute meat.|
Why the sauce is curden?
The curden Hollandaise is caused by the rapidly adding of butter or become of access heat which will cause the albumin in the egg yolk to harden shortly and separated from the liquid part.
How to rectify it?:
If the sauce is cur den, placed 1 tbs of boiling water in a clean pan and gradually add in the cur den of sauce. In this method is failure then take a clean pan and placed an egg yolk then add 1 dessert spoon of water and whisk highly over a gentle heat until slightly thicken.
Mayonnaise / Cold Sauce:
It is basic called and used as a salad dressing and as a accompaniment. It has a wide variety of use, particularly in horsed oeuvre and salad purpose. It is rich sauce as it is thicken with egg yolk and has a high percentage of fat. Sometime it thickens with gelatin and it used as shiny flavourful coating to decorate cold dish and buffets.
Mayonnaise /Cold Sauce (1ltr.)
|1||Egg yolk||8 no.|
|2||Olive/ Salad oil||1ltr.|
|3||French mustard powder||% tps.|
|4||Salt, pepper||To taste|
- Placed vinegar, egg yolk and seasoning in a bowl and whisked properly.
- Gradually add oil very slowly and whisked continuously.
- Correct the seasoning and consistency.
Mayonnaise curden for several reason-
- If the oil is added to quickly.
- If the oil is to cold.
- If the sauce is not sufficiently whisk.
The method of recitation of the cur den of Mayonnaise :-
- Take a clean bowl and add 1 tbs of boiling water and gradually whisk in the cur den of mayonnaise sauce.
- Take another clean bowl with egg yolk, whisk properly, the added the cur den of mayonnaise.
Derivative of Mayonnaise Sauce:
|01||Tar tare||Mayonnaise + grated hard egg yolk + Fine chop onion + Gherkins + Black olive + Parsley chop + chives||Serve with deep fried fish.|
|02||Cocktail||Mayonnaise + tomato ketchup + tobacco + lemon juice.||Serve with various kinds of shell fish.|
|03||Remo lade||Tar tare + anchovy essence||Serve with fish dishes.|
|04||Green||Mayonnaise + blanch or puree of herbs.||Serve with shell fish.|
|Mayonnaise + hard boil egg + tomato ketchup + chop gherkins + chop onion + chop parsley + chop pimentos + olives + paprika powder.||Serve with cold meat and salad preparation.|
|06||Andalusia||Mayonnaise + tomato puree + garnish with capsicum.||Serve with cold meat|
Various Kinds of butter Sauce:
Beurre-maitre-d-hote (Parsley butter) [M.D.H]:
Ing: Butter + chop parsley + lemon juice + seasoning.
Use: Serve with grilled meat, fish and fried dish.
Ing: Butter + Anchovy essence + Seasoning.
Use: Serve with grilled or fried fish.
Ing: Butter + fine chopped cooked shrimp + lemon juice.
Use: Serve with shell fish.
Beurre-noir (Black butter):
Ing: Black the butter in the gentle heat and get even black colour. Use: Serve with fried fish.
Peuree Nosiest (Brown Butter):
Ing: Brown the butter in gentle heat and get even to brown colour. Use: Serve with fried fish.
Ing: Butter + garlic paste with adding of lemon juice.
Use: Serve with grilled stacks.
A. Bread Sauce:-
|01||Fresh white bread chums||25gm|
|03||Salt paper||To taste|
|04||Onion with cloves||Few no.|
- Simmer milk with the onion for 15 minutes.
- Remove the onion, mix the bread crumes, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning agent and make a correct consistency.
- Mixed well when serving.
Use: Serve with roast chicken and game.
B. Apple Sauce:
- Peel and wash the apple.
- Place with the sugar, butter and water in a saucepan with tight filling lid.
- Cooking and make a puree.
- Pass through a strainer.
Use: Serve with roast pork and duck.
- Boiled together in a suitable pan until soft.
- Pass through a strainer.
Use: Serve with roast turkey.
|03||Salt, pepper||To taste|
|04||Lightly whipped cream|
- Wash and peel the horse-radish.
- Mixed all the ingredients together to make a right consistency. Use
Serve with roast beef.
|01||Mint juice||5-6 tbs|
|02||Easter sugar||2 dsp.|
Mixed the mint juice with sugar.
Place in a china bowl and add the vinegar.
Use: Serve with roast lamp and mutton.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic in a fat small saute pan without colouring. Mixed the flour and the curry powder.
- Cook for few minutes and make a scanty texture.
- Mixed the tomato puree, Stair and cool it.
- Gradually add the boiling stock.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Skim and correct the seasoning.
Use: Serve with prawn, shrimp, egg and vegetable.