What is ISO 9001:2015 and why is it important?
ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognised Quality Management System (QMS) standard. It aims to help organisations meet the needs of their customers and other stakeholders more effectively. This is achieved by building a framework to ensure consistent quality in the provision of goods and/or services.
What does ISO 9001:2015 stand for?
Quality Glossary Definition: ISO 9001. ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory …
What are the 7 main clauses of ISO 9001:2015?
- People. Human Resources Procedure.
- Environment for the operation of processes.
- Monitoring and measuring resources.
- Organizational knowledge.
What are the principles of ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 Principles
- ENGAGEMENT OF PEOPLE. Getting your team involved in the management system.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS. Focus on your customers and their needs.
- LEADERSHIP. Develop a strong management team.
- PROCESS APPROACH. Create a process culture.
- EVIDENCE-BASED DECISION-MAKING.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT.
Who gives ISO certification?
They are issued by certification/registration bodies (also called Registrars or CB’s), which are independent of ISO. CB’s need to be accredited by an IAF member to be internationally recognized.