- Tableware is a term used to denote flat cutlery and hollowware. It may be analyzed as follows:-
- Flatware :- all forms of spoons and forks.
- Cutlery – all knives and other cutting equipments.
- Hollowware – any item made from silver apart from flatware and cutlery eg :- teapots , milk creamers, entrée dishes etc
- Stainless steel is the most used metal in the making of cutleries because it is the most durable and does not need any special cleaning methods.
- After being washed in the machine each individual piece of cutlery must be checked and polished.
- When storing silverware cutlery make sure that it is stored properly ( usually in baize lined drawers ) because they tend to scratch very easily.
- A normal cover consists of the following
- a large knife and a large fork
- a fish knife and a fish fork
- a dessert spoon and a dessert fork
- a soup spoon
- a bread and butter knife.