Different types of crockery and their sizes
- A soup plate :- 20 cms in diameter and used for the service of thick soups.
- B & B plate (Side plate) :- 15 cms in diameter use for the service of bread & butter.
- A Fish plate :- 20 cms in diameter used for service of fish items and hors d ‘oeuvres.
- A Dessert plate ( Sweet plate ) :- 18 cms in diameter and used for the service of desserts.
- A Meat plate ( Joint plate / dinner plate / main course plate ) :- 25 cms in diameter and used for the service of main courses only.
- A Cereal Bowl :- 13 cms in diameter used for the service of cereals (cornflakes, wheat flakes, chocoflakes, etc), puddings, compotes.
- Cheese plate :- 16 cms in diameter used for the service of cheese and biscuits.
- Consommé cup :- Used for the service of thin soups only.
- Coffee cup :- It has a capacity of 10 cl and is used for the service of black coffee only. It is also referred to as a demi – tasse cup.
- Tea cup :- 19 cl capacity used for the service of tea and coffee with milk.
- Joint Plat:– 10″ diameter
- Demitasse Cup:- 31/2 oz